Happy birthday Ali Fazal: Five things you did not know about the Victoria and Abdul star
Bollywood heartthrob Ali Fazal turns 31 on October 15. The actor is certainly on a roll. With his latest stint in British film ‘Victoria & Abdul’ alongside Oscar-winning actor Judi Dench, Ali has successfully cemented his place in the West.
Here are a few things we bet you did not know about birthday boy Ali Fazal:
1. Ali Fazal studied at the Doon School in Dehradun. One of the noted alumni of the school is Rajiv Gandhi.
2. Remember Joy Lobo from ‘3 Idiots’? When Ali Fazal made his Bollywood debut with ‘3 Idiots’, little did we know that his character in the film almost mirrored his real life. Ali took engineering as per his parents’ wish. He, however, convinced his parents later on about his disinterest in engineering and completed his graduation in Economics.
3. Ali Fazal made his screen debut with a cameo in Hollywood romantic comedy ‘The Other End of The Line’. The film also featured Anupam Kher.
4. Ali Fazal rejected a role in the popular American TV series ‘Homeland’ as he was shooting for the Bollywood film ‘Khamoshiyan’. The role then slipped into the hands of Nimrat Kaur.
5. Ali Fazal also made a special appearance in the seventh installment of the popular action-adventure franchise ‘Fast and Furious’.
Ali Fazal is currently prepping up for his romantic comedy film ‘Tadka’ which also stars Taapsee Pannu, Nana Patekar and Shriya Saran. He will also be seen in the much-awaited sequel to his film ‘Fukrey’ which is titled ‘Fukrey Returns’. Both the films are expected to hit the screens in December this year.